Tuesday, December 06, 2005

A short explanation.

The name of this blog proves, without a doubt, that I have crossed some kind of line.

On one side of this line, there are those who are simply "good at math".

On the other side is my Math 104 professor who not only looked but also sounded just like Elmer Fudd. He enjoyed jokes like this one:

What transformation is this?

(Long pause while all of us math/engineering/etc. majors rack our brains, thinking we MUST have learned this somewhere along the line.)



...
...
...




The parting of the Red Sea!

Of course, since he had that unfortunate speech impediment, it came across as "The pawting of the Wed Sea!" He tried to tell it to us three times in the course of a semester.

I've joined him.

I was searching for something a little more clever than "Michelle's Blog" for a title. In my search, I came across this:

Jesus and his disciples were walking around one day, when Jesus said, "The Kingdom of Heaven is like 3x squared plus 8x minus 9." The disciples looked very puzzled, and finally asked Peter, "What on earth does Jesus mean - the Kingdom of Heaven is like 3x squared plus 8x minus 9? Peter said, "Don't worry. It's just another one of his parabolas."

Did you laugh out loud at that?

Because I did.

I have definitely crossed some kind of line. So it begins.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OK so I don't like math much, but I do like intelligent humor and I think both of those are Great jokes and I hope you continue to enjoy your field of choice.

Love ya Sis (in law and most importantly in Christ)